Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Quotes



Today is the day to celebrate quotes, one of my favorite things in the world!!!!

And what better way to do it than by picking a topic of two of the best things in the world:  writing and books!!!

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
Benjamin Franklin
 
"You fail only if you stop writing."
Ray Bradbury
 

I think quotes are important. They remind us of things best not forgotten and refine truths that should always stay with us. Quotes brings simplicity to the profound.


"How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
Henry David Thoreau
 
 
"I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emotinos."
James A Michener
 
 
 
Pinned Image


Some quotes smash me in the face and others gently worm their way at my conscious, but either way, quotes touch the heart. They are the golden lines, the things worth remembering, worth reconsidering, worth the extra pain and anguish to find.

 

"A book is a gift you can open again and again."
Garrison Keillor
 
 
"There is no friend as loyal as a book."
Ernest Hemingway
 
 
Pinned Image




 
Pinned Image
 
 
 Pinned Image


"The Books that help you most are those which make you think the most. The hardest way to learning is that of easy reading; but a great book that comes from a great thinker is a ship of thought, deep feighted with truth and beauty."
Pablo Neruda
 
 
"Books, pocket-sized jewels, open up like doors to worlds you never knew existed."
Antonio D'alfonso
 
 


Pinned Image


 

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I like the one by Ray Bradbury. I'll have to keep it in mind during NaNoWriMo :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great one, isn't it!! So glad you hopped on over here! It's awesome to have you!!!

      I'm excited! Woot!!!!! :D

      Delete
  2. I like the one by Richard Bach (if I had a name like that, I'd write too!). It's very inspiring for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's pretty much one of my favorites too. It's a great reminder... <3

      Delete